CribAcademy will guide you, but remember:
- At the start of each hand, discard cards from your hand until you have only 4 cards left. Discards go to the “crib”.
- Play in turn without going over a 31 count. Face cards count as 10.
- When you cannot “go” without exceeding 31, your opponent will play as many cards as possible.
- You’ll score card combinations during play.
AFTER THE HAND
- You'll score again with card combinations in your hand plus the top deck card.
- If you dealt, you'll also score card combinations using the crib
- With 3 or 4 hands, after a “go” call, normal play re-starts when the next player also calls “go”, but without playing any cards.
Scoring is automatic in CribAcademy, based on the following combinations:
- A combination of cards adding up to 15 scores 2 points.
- A combination of cards adding up to 31 (during play) scores 2 points.
- The last card played scores 1 point.
- A jack at the top of the deck after dealing scores 2 points for the dealer.
- A jack in your hand of the same suit as the top deck card scores 1 point (after play).
- Two, three or four cards of the same rank score 2, 6 or 12 points.
- Three or more cards of sequential rank (in any order) score 3 or more points. (After play, combinations of pairs and runs score even more points.)
- Four cards of the same suit score 4 points (after play), or 5 points if the top deck card is also the same suit.
- After “go” is called, the last player to play a card scores 1 point, or 2 for 31